The five minute weekend face!
The weekend is a good opportunity to let your skin breathe, but if you’re going out say for a walk and want to look polished but very natural, here are some products I recommend to create a five minute face:
(1) After moisturizer, apply a very light base or illuminator if your skin tone needs to be evened out – I like Revlon’s Photoready Skinlights in ‘Bare Light’, but they also do one called ‘Pink Light’ for very fair skin, and ‘Bronze Light’ for darker or tanned skin tones.
(2) Using a small brush, apply a good concealer to any blemishes or areas of redness around the eyes and nose. I love Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Concealer.
(3) Dab a little cream blusher on your cheeks and blend in thoroughly using your ring finger. Pictured here is MUA’s cream blusher in ‘Blossom’, a muted pink which is a good dupe for NARS cream blush in ‘Penny Lane’.
(4) Blend a little cream eyeshadow on your lids to brighten your eyes – I’m a fan of Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in ‘Bulletproof Beige’, a pearly beige-gold – followed by a coat of mascara.
(5) If you like a soft red tint to your lips, try the gorgeous Korres Lip Butter in ‘Pomegranate’. If you prefer a glossier finish, Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector gives a lovely sheen and smells of vanilla – yum!